Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Squidoo gives you lots of reasons to grow.


I'm a member of the "Fresh Wonders" group on Ning - a community willow created to encourage quality lens-building - and there is the occasional weekly challenge.

This week's challenge: to make a lens using illustrations which are not photographs. It was posed by MeltedRachel; she wrote:
I want you to make that lens that you always wanted to make but thought you couldn't because you didn't have any photos of it. It could be a holiday that you lost all the photos to or a ghostly encounter.

I've made lenses about art exhibitions that I couldn't photograph, imaginary places and places I've never been and I want you to be able to do the same.


This made something click for me. I had been wanting to do a lens about Chai Lifeline, the organization that helped my son when he was in treatment for brain cancer, but I couldn't bear the idea of using photographs - it seemed like a privacy issue.

So I used Rachel's idea and drew pictures instead. Here is my tale of Chai Lifeline and its wonderful summer camps for kids with cancer and other mortal illnesses:

Chai Lifeline.

1 comment:

  1. I dont understand something. Are those hand drawings you are using? Or are you using a program to convert a photo to a drawing?

    For those who are not artistically talented, there are online Photo editors which will convert photographs to drawings. The one I have most experience with is Photobucket.

    However there are many others:

    http://www.squidoo.com/Free-Photoshop

    ReplyDelete