Friday, May 29, 2009

If you want to become popular on squidoo... a purple star :)

There is something about becoming a squidangel... I guess it brings out the groupy in other lensmasters. And one of the lenses those new visitors to my lenses seem to want to know is: how do you become as popular (as you are) on squidoo... I wrote about that a while back on my How To Become Popular on Squidoo lens. Now if you'd have told me in high school that I'd be writing about popularity, I'd probably have thought you mad. I wasn't very popular at all, in fact I turned down my one chance at popularity when one of the popular girls wanted to talk clothes. I was like - you think these clothes are cool? I don't get it!

Luckily squidoo popularity works differently from high school. Fashion doesn't play a part, as nobody can see what I wear. Then again, my clothes these days look alright even working from home - I guess I've developed my own sense of style, and that works for me. In highschool I was still searching and feeling my way.

Back to my lens - it started as a rant. I realized how important ratings were to getting a high lensrank, and really didn't like that. I thought - and to an extent feel - that quality should determine lensrank. But making the lens made me realize that it's the social aspect of squidoo that sets it apart from other online networks. The fact that social lensmasters get rewarded helps the atmosphere at squidoo. And that's a good thing.

Anyhow, the purple star program has been going on for about a month now, and my lens about popularity isn't just in the top 2000 (where it got thanks to all those people whose lens I'd blessed rating it), it's in the top 300 - so thanks giant squid organizers for the honor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment