Friday, January 9, 2009

De-Indexing? Is There Such a Thing?

A strange thing has happened. A couple of days after creating this blog, I checked and was happy to see that it had already been picked up by google. The blog was indexed pretty quickly.

Today I checked again (don't know why I did actually) and it was no where to be seen in Google!

This is not the first time I have seen it. It happened to a Squidoo Lens of mine once. The lens was indexed by google. Then it disappeared. And then it was indexed again!

I wonder if anyone else has seen that?

2 comments:

  1. That's normal: it just means the blog is new and doesn't have enough backlinks yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully a day or two after I wrote that post the blog was re-indexed, just like the lens and it is now doing quite well in google. But it is strange to see a site in and then out of Google.

    ReplyDelete