Monday, January 19, 2009

Cafe Press and Squidoo

I am by no means an expert at Cafe Press but I jumped in last year and I have learned a few things along the way. So much of what we learn about developing lenses on Squidoo also applies to Cafe Press.

Narrow the focus. I have designs in lots of categories but I found one niche that is a consistent good seller for me.

Isn’t that what we learn on Squidoo, to find your niche? Now that I have found my niche on Cafe Press I am expanding it and covering it every way I can think of. I have lots of new ideas for this. I just need more hours in the day!

Another Squidoo principle is to keep it fresh. Add new things and make edits and updates. The same applies to Cafe Press. Add new designs and if there are products that you've not yet included then add them.

When writing descriptions of your items on Cafe Press you need to use good keywords. Does that sound familiar? You need good tags on your images too.

What I like best is how you can integrate your Cafe Press store with Squidoo. I have several lenses where I can advertise and sell my Cafe Press items.

To recap:

Narrow the focus
Find your niche
Cover the niche
Keep it fresh
Use good keywords and tags

Good success principles for Cafe Press and Squidoo!

A nod to my mentor who has been a tremendous help in both of these endeavors.

2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting subject. We like to do creative things and have often wondered about starting a Cafe Press Shop.

    But given a limited amount of time, we wonder if it is better to just keep developing more Squidoo lenses or to start something new with Cafe Press? How do you think compare in terms of profit for the time you spend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point I have made more profit from Cafe Press than Squidoo even though I probably spend more time on Squidoo. They both take time to develop.

    ReplyDelete