I am so excited to have reached the milestone of Giant Squid 100 Club. The picture you see here is the T-shirt I got when I reached Giant Squid.
Becoming a Giant Squid is a process and a journey. It is a terrific accomplishment and a lot of hard work. I do want to encourage everyone to go for it. It is definitely worth your time and effort.
What have I learned along the way?
Well, frankly quite a lot, and I am still learning. I came aboard Squidoo as a total novice. I did not know much about SEO, nor did I know much about promoting on the internet. I knew nothing about keywords, and absolutely nothing about Squidoo. So don't think that you need to know a lot to get started. I would recommend just getting started.
For a new person, here are some suggestions:
- Use the information on Squidoo to help you. There are great how-to lenses and terrific mentors everywhere.
- Don't be afraid to try something new!
- Do you see a lens or technique you like? Try it on your own lens.
- Take baby steps. Each lens will make you a better lensmaster.
- Remember you can always go back and edit.
- Don't get too hung up on LensRank. It changes daily.
- Choose topics you love and let us know why.
- Don't take critiques personally. Learn from them.
- Have fun with it.
- Keep your lens focuses on a very specific topic and you will find that you have the best kind of lens.